What is the difference between Zero 2 and Zero?
- Exterior design
- A. Controller body color
- B. Branding
- Zero 2 - Switch, Windows, macOS, Steam, Android and Raspberry Pi
- Zero - Windows, iOS, Android and Raspberry Pi
- Zero 2 - upgrade-able firmware
- Zero - firmware can not be upgraded
- Special controller mode
- Zero 2 - N/A
- Zero - iCade mode for iOS and camera selfie mode
Does Zero 2 have Home button when connected to Switch?
- DOWN + SELECT = Home button when connected to Switch.
Does Zero 2 have motion controls and vibration?
- No, it does not have either.
How can I fix it when my Zero 2 freezes?
- Press and hold START button for 8 seconds to force turn off the controller first, then press START again to turn it back on.
Does Dpad on Zero 2 function as a joystick or Dpad?
- Its mapping by default is left joystick. However, it can be mapped as:
- LEFT + Select : set Dpad as left analogue stick
- Up + Select : reset Dpad
- Right + Select : set Dpad as right analogue stick
- *Press and hold any of the key combinations above for 5 seconds to set the mapping.
- *LED will blink in red to indicate the success of each mapping.
- *You need to reset the Dpad manually.
How can I get to the menu page when playing Switch Online games?
- Select+Start = ZL+ZR to bring out the menu.
What systems does it work with? Does it auto reconnect to those systems?
- It works with Switch, Switch Lite, Windows, macOS, Android, Raspberry Pi as well as all the devices our retro receivers/adapters support.
- It does auto reconnect to all the systems mentioned above with the press of START once they have been successfully paired.
How do I charge the controller? How long does the battery last when fully charged?
- We suggest you charge it via a phone power adapter.
- The controller uses 180mAh rechargeable battery with 1-2 hour charging time. The battery can last up to 8 hours when fully charged.
How can I use Zero 2 to control painting applications on my phone/tablet?
- A. Press R+Start to turn on the controller.
- B. Go to your iOS device bluetooth setting, choose ‘8BitDo Zero 2’ to pair.
- C. Go to your painting App and set the controller as ‘keyboard’ before using.
- *Suggested App - Clip Studio Paint
Can I use this controller via the USB connection?
- No, you can not. The USB connection is for firmware upgrade and power charging only.
Does Zero 2 work with 8BitDo retro receivers and USB adapters?
- Yes, it does. It works with all 8BitDo retro receivers as well as USB adapters.